The 17th ISH will be held at the Familiehotel in Paterswolde, near Groningen, from the Monday 15 June to Friday 19 June 2015.
The title of this edition is:
Physiology, Psychoacoustics and Cognition in Normal and Impaired Hearing
Below is a non-restrictive list of topics we are aiming to particularly emphasize in this edition:
- Topic 1: Imaging and physiology of normal and impaired hearing: hearing loss, hyperacusis and tinnitus.
- Topic 2: New rehabilitation techniques: genetics and neuro-regeneration.
- Topic 3: Auditory implants: electrical stimulation and electrical activity.
- Topic 4: Auditory scene analysis with normal and impaired cues.
- Topic 5: Speech communication with hearing impairment.
- Topic 6: Peripheral and cognitive effects of ageing.
ISH is a small collegiate meeting typically held in a cloistered setting. The program is limited to 50 podium presentations of about 20 min. There are no parallel sessions, and participants are expected to attend the majority of the session throughout the week. Each presenter also writes a paper, which will form a chapter of the proceedings published by Springer.
The total number of participants, including podium speakers, is limited to 100 people. Presentations will be selected by the organizing committee on the basis of scientific excellence and topic. Due to the restricted number of participants, we can only accommodate a limited number of authors for each accepted paper to attend the conference.
Accommodation will be available in shared double occupancy rooms at the Familiehotel. The conference fee includes accommodation and meals for the week. Single occupancy rooms will be available at a premium at the Hampshire Plaza Groningen hotel, located less than 5 km from the Familiehotel (a 15 min bike ride). Participants wishing to bring their partners or family may do so, but due to catering limitations, the total number of accompanying attendees is restricted to 10. Childcare options will be available. Prospective participants wanting to make use of this service are invited to contact the organizers as soon as possible.